Ophthalmological diseases treatment
MMYOPIA, GLAUCOMA, CATARACT, KERATOCON
LASIK 100% laser is a technique that is increasingly used, both to treat high myopia and weaker ones. The lasik operation is extremely sophisticated, fully robotic and computer assisted.
This technique has one of the best success rates for the operation of myopia, improves the safety conditions (a surgical risk of less than 0.3% compared to the operated cases) and gives quick results with a vision improvement in less than 24 hours . With the 100% Laser Lasik technique, which lasts only 15 minutes. Thousands of patients have been operated on in Turkey.
The 100% Laser Lasik operation is performed in two steps:
- The cutting of the corneal cover takes place, not with a micro mechanical keratome, but with a femto laser second or intra laser.
- The ophthalmologist uses, as in the standard Lasik, the excimer laser to carve the deep layers of the cornea and thus to correct the visual defect.
Cataract: the only treatment is surgery, it consists of removing the opacified lens to restore the clarity of the optical axis and replace it with an intraocular implant. The converging lens inside the eye is fragmented and then aspirated by a special ultrasonic device. An intraocular artificial lens is introduced into an eye. Cataract surgery is usually done on an ambulatory basis. Recovery is fast; patients can return to their daily lives in a few days.
Glaucoma: Regular eye exams done by your doctor, are the most effective way to identify glaucoma. The loss of sight due to glaucoma, is irreversible. Treatment based on eye drops, laser surgery (argon laser) and surgical procedures are performed to prevent further losses. The analytical methods for assessing the state of the optic nerve are Optical Coherence Tomography 4OCT) Nerve Fiber Analyzer (NFA), corneal pachimetry and computer field of view.
Keratoconus: Corresponds to a deformation of the cornea (the transparent coating of the iris and pupil of the eye) which tapers gradually, loses its normal spherical shape and takes the form of an irregular cone. This deformity, often occurring towards the end of adolescence, causes visual disturbances (blurred and distorted view and poor vision at a distance) that require the use of specialized lenses. Keratoconus usually reaches both eyes, but not at the same level. The keratome is not contagious, is a non-inflammatory ocular pathology.
A complete organization for the treatment and for the stay.
In order for your medical treatment to be a pleasant experience, VIRTUAL CLINIC guides you through the process by offering you the personalized treatment plan through its deep evaluation of the main health facilities equipped with the highest standards of high quality care, infrastructure technological and health professionals.
Taking into account your individual needs, your plans and your budget, Virtual Clinic also organizes complete packages for a stress-free medical trip to Turkey.
- Air ambulance for urgent cases
- Medical Directorate for the Evaluation of Medical Records
- Preparation of the estimate and making appointments at the hospital / clinic
- Personalized welcome at the airport
- Transfers in town + airport + hotel + hospital
- 24h personal assistance and interpreter services
- Medical follow-up by the regulatory doctors during treatments
- Alarm center accessible 24h / 24h and 7 / 7d
- Complementary services even after your return
Istanbul is at the center of medical tourism and is home to thousands of patients from around the world who want professional services and advanced medical technologies at attractive costs.
The advantages of Turkey for medical travel:
- Turkey represents the third largest number of JCI accredited hospitals (International Joint Commission)
- Turkey has become one of the most popular health tourism destinations for aesthetic treatments and medical operations, with nearly 500,000 patients in 2014
- Geographical location
- Easy access by direct flights from turkish airlines
- Scientific and medical infrastructure
- Tourism infrastructure
- The welcoming culture and hospitality
- Value for money of care
- Easy visa
- The 6th most visited destination in the world